Friday, November 30, 2007

Tubes are in and we are home!

Brandon had tubes put in his ears this morning and did very well with the procedure. He was very upset coming out of anesthesia, but he calmed down after a few minutes, a little milk, and some cheerios. I could hear him crying from the waiting room and jumped up as soon as they called my name. He needed his mommy. I have antibiotic drops to put in his ears 3 times a day over the next few days. Dr. Bellian said there was a lot of fluid in both ears and it should drain out by Monday. If his ears continue to leak after Monday or if the fluid looks bloody, I'm supposed to call him. I also asked Dr. Bellian if he would prescribe Brandon an Epi Pen for his allergies. After the reaction he had to a peanut butter kiss, Eric and I both feel that I should have a pen on me at all times. The doctor gladly prescribed me one. We are home and relaxing. Brandon is playing in the family room with is toys and Connor is still down for his morning nap. A HUGE thanks to Jean Marie for taking care of Connor for me. She said he was a great kid...that makes me feel good! She said he was kind of looking around for maybe me or his brother, but he ate good for her and went down for a nap very easily. I'm going to lay on the floor with B for another 20 minutes until they need lunch. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

The Harveys said...

So glad Brandon's precedure went well!! The pictures and videos of the boys are great to see/watch! Thanks for sharing!!

Danko Grandparents said...

Glad to hear everything went well. Give Brandon a big hug from us. (Give Connor one too just because we want too!)
Love,
Grandpap and Grandma Danko

Jessica said...

Very happy that Brandon's procedure went well! Good luck on seperating them for bedtime too, I'm sure you will be sucessful!

The Wietholder's said...

Yeah Brandon!!! can't wait to hear the improvements he makes...I talked to another friend of mine last night, her daughter had tubes but in last week and she is a completely different kid already. She is 15 months...
You are a great mom, so of course you have great kids!! ;-)
Hugs and Kisses