Thursday, November 1, 2007

9 month checkup

We just got back from the boys' 9 month checkup. Here are their stats

Brandon - 16 lbs 6 oz, 27 inches long, and head circ is 17 1/2 inches. He is in the 10th percentile for weight and 20th for height. His height and weight percentiles have both increased! YAY B! Keep in mind these percentiles are based on their ACTUAL age of 9 months and not their ADJUSTED age of 7 months.

Connor - 20 lbs 14 oz, 28 1/2 inches long, and head circ is 18 inches. He is in the 50th percentile for weight and 70th for height. His weight has leveled off a little which doesn't surprise me since he's starting to move around more. He's not crawling yet, but he's SO close. Connor got his first tooth on Saturday! I can feel it, but you can't really see it just yet. Hopefully it will pop out more over the next couple of days.

We are starting pears today..yum! I gave the boys bananas on Sunday and Connor gagged. I was surprised since all of my other mom friends said their kids LOVED bananas. I still offer it to him and he is starting to warm up to it, but he doesn't love it. I steamed some pears last night and got them frozen so we're good to go on the homemade pears. The boys don't really care for peas, but will eat them if I mix a little applesauce with them. Peas aren't one of my favorites either. We will start yogurt after pears and peaches. I'm going to try to get Brandon to eat some avacado. They are rich in good fats and protein which he really needs. Connor, on the other hand, will not be getting avacado. I might try it to see if he likes it, but he won't get a full serving like Brandon will. I want them to have well rounded palates, but Connor-man definitely doesn't need the extra fats.

They have their next developmental appointment on the 14th. I'm hoping Connor will be crawling by then and that Brandon will sit up. For some reason, he won't sit up on his own, but he rolls all over the place. He's just being lazy. It's common for preemies to do things backwards. He might not sit up unassisted until AFTER he starts crawling.

Thank goodness for healthy, strong, growing babies! I hope to keep them out of the doctor's office except for well baby checkups and their RSV vaccinations. I'm going to look into getting a flu shot for myself this week. The boys got one today..FREE!!! How nice of them!

1 comment:

Danko Grandparents said...

Brandon and Connor,
And those peas looked and smelt so good when your mother was making them. I was sure you would have liked them! Good job on your checkups!
Grandma Danko