Triple Chocolate-Cookie Trifle Pie
- 3 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 1/2 (4-oz.) bittersweet chocolate baking bars, chopped
- 1 (4-oz.) white chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12.5-oz.) package assorted cookies
- 2 tablespoons mocha liqueur (optional) I didn't use!
- 2 (6-oz.) containers fresh raspberries
- Raspberry Glaze
2. Meanwhile, let 2 1/2 cups cream stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
3. Beat 1 1/2 cups cream at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until medium peaks form. Gently fold one-fourth of whipped cream into cool bittersweet chocolate mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining whipped cream.
4. Beat remaining 1 cup cream at medium-high speed until medium peaks form. Gently fold one-fourth of whipped cream into cool white chocolate mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining whipped cream.
5. Crush 6 to 7 cookies to equal 1/2 cup crumbs. Sprinkle on bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Spread half of bittersweet chocolate mixture over crushed cookies in pan. Arrange cookies around sides of pan (about 19 cookies). Spread white chocolate mixture over bittersweet chocolate mixture.
6. Crush remaining cookies, and sprinkle over white chocolate mixture in springform pan. Drizzle with liqueur, if desired. Spread remaining bittersweet chocolate mixture over crushed cookies. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
Raspberry Glaze: Combine 3 Tbsp. seedless raspberry jam and 2 tsp. water in a small glass bowl. Microwave at HIGH 10 to 15 seconds or until smooth.
I think I should have whipped the cream just a little bit longer. It was very moussey, but could have been a little firmer. I also won't put the cookies in the food processor to make the crust, I'll just smash them in a ziploc bag on the counter a few times. They were a little too "crumby" Once again, I am my own worst critic...it was unbelievably tasty and not too hard to make.