Sunday, November 25, 2007

Baby food is stocked up!

At one time, our freezer was full of meat, meat, and more meat. Then we transitioned to some meat and chicken, frozen skillet dinners, and frozen veggies. Next, it was full of Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice meals, hardly any meat, veggies, and bags of breast milk. Now, it's full of baby food cubes, Healthy Choice meals, chicken, and Orange Cream drink mix. I take a lot of pride in making the boys' food from fresh healthy fruits and veggies and freezing it in ice cube trays. The next day, I pop them out and put them in labeled freezer bags...color coded of course!!!! We have squash, sweet potatoes, mango, peaches, pears, bananas, peas, green beans, avocado, and finally broccoli! We'll be introducing broccoli this week. I guess I got tickled when I opened the freezer and saw all of the food. It's amazing how many things change after kids!!!! I'm going to plug the book I have used to guide me through making baby food...it's called Super Baby Food and the author is Ruth Yaron. (Thanks to my sister Ann for telling me about the book!!!!!) Trust me, I'm very low on free time...actually I have none...but making this food is very easy and takes hardly no time at all! Plus, it's good to know that the kiddos are eating food without any other preservatives. Lord knows I won't be able to keep them from the steroids and preservatives forever, but at least I can for the time being.



1 comment:

Julie said...

You are such an amazing momma, Kate! I love how you make your own baby food...when our time comes I may have to ask you & Ann for some baby food making tips! Kiss those babies for us please!

Love,
Jules