Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Developmental Appointment

The boys and I just got back from their developmental appointment...here are the results....

Their weight was the same as their last appointment on November 1st give or take a few ounces. Connor is off the charts on his percentiles for his adjusted age...like in the 75 for height and 90 for weight. His actual age percentages remained the same. Brandon's weight is a little low and had actually moved down the chart a little. The nutritionist wants me to add some butter to his feedings for extra calories. I might do that from time to time, but I think he's fine and he's just a tall lanky kid...wonder where he gets that from???

Connor tested at a 9 month level developmentally. He's very quickly closing the gap between his adjusted age and his actual age. He charmed the PT and OT very much and made us all laugh and giggle. I LOVED the mirrors and loved to look at himself smile. Brandon tested right at his adjusted age. He's on the lower end of the developmental spectrum, but still well within his age limits. That's really all there is to report. They were impressed with both of the boys and how much they have grown in the last 2 months. We won't go back again for 3 more months. They also agreed with me that Brandon will probably make some big strides once he gets his tubes next week. If Brandon's vocalizations and movements don't improve by his 1st birthday, they want me to call. By mid to late January, he should be doing everything Connor is doing...if not a little more. At least I have something to judge his development now. He is just a very stubborn child and is totally content playing by himself with one toy for a very long period of time. He interacted with everyone while he was playing, and that was a big indicator that he's A OK developmentally. If he would not interact with us while he had a toy in his hands, that could be an indicator of autism or one of the many forms of autism. No concern here!

I'm going to get their lunch ready and hopefully they'll take a long afternoon nap because I need one too!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: