Thursday, November 15, 2007

Babyproofing is here to stay

I watched Connor pull himself across the width of the family room to the front door this morning. He pulled my purse over and found my keys. It's officially time to baby proof! I've been looking into a play yard type of gate so I can contain them in one part of the house. They can get pretty pricey, but thankfully, a friend of mine gave me this one for free! I think it will work for the time being. It keeps them away from Eric's 65 inch television, the entertainment center, and keeps them from going to any other part of the house. The big bonus is the gate that I can open and close to go in and out myself. My only other concern is the fireplace. I have a body pillow from college and some other throw pillows that I'm going to put on the fireplace and around it. It's stone and not brick, so the fireplace bumpers don't stick to it. I'm going to purchase some more of those canvas bins to put their toys in and cover the fireplace with them. Hopefully, those bins along with layers and layers of quilts, blankets, and pillows will keep them safe.

When you look at the picture, you can see Connor on the floor by their shelf. He pulled that toy bin off all by himself and dumped out the contents. It almost looks like they are in baby jail!!!!!!


2 comments:

casadefred said...

They're like the Rugrats!

The Wietholder's said...

Looks like you are doing a great job of babyproofing...I think I need a baby jail...he is really starting to walk.