Monday, December 3, 2007

Results are in...

I finally got the results of Brandon's allergy test today. He has what they classify as "severe" allergies to nuts and egg whites. I know egg whites is a very common allergy among infants which is why you shouldn't feed them eggs before the age of 1. I was going to introduce egg yolks to them next week, but I think I'm going to pass on that. They don't HAVE to have eggs, but it was a very good source of protein. No biggie though. I'm glad I have my Epi Pen and will carry it with me everywhere. I was also going to introduce plain elbow noodles, but the whole wheat ones I have in the cabinets contain egg whites. I'm going to get on line tonight and do some research on foods to substitute and foods to stay away from. I'm on my way to become an expert label reader! I already read labels and stay away from hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup, and I guess I can add nuts and egg whites to that!

I separated the boys into separate cribs this past weekend. I think it was harder on me than it was on them, but they have transitioned well. I'll try to get some pictures and other videos up soon. Right now, the yard containing a massive amount of leaves is calling my name! Have a great week!

1 comment:

casadefred said...

So great that you finally know now! These are very manageable allergies for you and B.

Guess no more kisses after peanut butter!!!