Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Some cute videos

This first video just shows how the boys are starting to interact with each other. They were being super sweet before I was able to FIND the camera to get some footage. Connor definitely dominates Brandon for now, but once Brandon toughens up a little, I have no doubt in my mind that he'll be able to take a stand. For the time being, it's very sweet to watch...even if Brandon usually gets the raw end of the deal.





I've been looking for a toy that goes with the Peek a Blocks from Fisher Price. They are all either really expensive (for my budget) or I can't find them at all. Ann had this giraffe for Noah and he really liked it. I like it because it's a very simple toy that teaches the boys to put something in an opening. Since Annie is at home on bed rest, she and I talk almost everyday and she found this giraffe on Ebay for me for a super good deal. They don't make it anymore, so Ebay was my only option. Thanks to Eric for taking care of the auction for me...he's the Ebay-er in the family...not me. The giraffe came in the mail today, and the boys have already mastered it. You can see Connor playing with it in the video below. I can't get video of Brandon playing with it because I have to help him sit up a little bit still. I was amazed at how quickly they picked it up!





We have a developmental appointment tomorrow morning at Womack. I've been looking forward to the appointment for a few weeks now. I think both boys are doing very well, but I still have some questions in regards to their diet and Brandon's lack of sitting up. Although, he's made GREAT strides over the last week. Turns out, Brandon loves yogurt and avocado. Avocado has awesome fats and proteins which are especially good for underweight kids. Not that Brandon is really underweight, but he could stand to gain a few. Connor likes it too, but he won't get it as often as Brandon. I gave them Puffs for the first time today and they both choked on the first one. By the third or fourth, they got the hang of it. They can actually pick them up with their thumb and index finger (pincer grasp) but then they put it in their fists. I'm sure they'll pick it up soon enough. I think it's time to cut out a feeding too. I spend more time getting them to sit still to take their bottles now, and I think that's a sign that they AREN'T HUNGRY!! Duh mom! I hope to talk to the nutritionists about that tomorrow. Wish us luck and give me a day or two to get the results posted.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Kate,

I loved the videos! I'm still laughing at how C took B's pacie! It's been amazing to see how they've developed and grown over these last few months.

Julie