Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bubbleboy?

Poor Brandon...he might need to be the next Bubbleboy! His eczema has gotten SO bad at times, that he's absolutely miserable. I suggested allergy testing to my pediatrician and she agreed, but we couldn't do that until his eczema calmed down. Well...I performed my own allergy testing on him today and discovered a possible nut allergy. I eat an apple with peanut butter every single day! A few days ago, I was finishing my apple and he woke up from his nap. I went in his room to get him so Connor could still sleep and so Brandon and I could have some alone time. I kissed him on the cheek and noticed a red rash a few moments later. I just assumed the mark was a blanket mark. Well, today Brandon was sitting in his Bumbo seat while I ate my daily apple and peanut butter. I purposely kissed him on the cheek after I finished it and watched his face instantly break out in hives. It was the most bizarre thing I've ever seen. That was at 12:07 today. I just put them down for a nap at 2 and the hives were finally starting to go away. They were at their worse about 45 minutes after I kissed him. I was going to call the pediatrician after 1, but they called me to tell me their next RSV vaccination was in. I talked to the nurse about it and she said they'll do the allergy blood work on him on Tuesday when they get their vaccination. It's called immunocap...not sure if that's how you spell it. She made it very clear to keep him away from all nuts, anything prepared with nuts, and NO KISSING BABIES after I eat peanut butter. She said it sounds exactly like a nut allergy. I guess I'm glad I figured it out this way and not in an emergency type situation. If it turns out to be an allergy, I'm going to have to replace my apple and peanut butter snack with something else. No nuts for anyone in the house for the time being.



Brandon using Connor's (poopy) toosh as a pillow this morning!!!!

2 comments:

Vanessa aka Gega's daughter said...

Apples and colby-jack cheese is also very good. That is my lunch everyday.

The Wietholder's said...

Wow...brandon got the better end of the deal on this one. He is not smashed under Connor