Friday, November 9, 2007

Tubes it is

We had our appointment today with the ENT doctor. Brandon is scheduled to have tubes put in his ears on November 30th. I've already managed to find someone to watch Connor for me. I have to be at the surgical center at 630 am, and one of my NICU nurses is going to come sit with Connor until we get back. It should be a very simple in and out procedure. There's a lot of paperwork leading up to it, but the surgery itself is so simple that it really shouldn't be called surgery. The doctor said he's probably only using about 20% of his hearing out of his right ear because of the fluid issue. That could be why he doesn't babble as much as Connor. It could also be the reason he doesn't sit up as well as Connor. He could have some equilibrium issues. He also thinks Brandon has some seasonal allergies, and put him on some medicine for that. He started with a runny nose this morning and has puffy eyes. Poor little guy. After the surgery, he wouldn't be surprised if Brandon immediately started babbling more and moving around more. Let's hope all goes well!

I had a night out with the other military wives and I'm pooped! Thanks to my old coworkers who took care of the kiddos for me so I could have a night out. I made them dinner for payment...one of my favorite recipes...pizza pie! They are finishing Transformers while we speak. I'm going to do my nightly chores and then head to by myself. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: