Saturday, April 26, 2008

A Wonderful Day

Even though today started very early, and was very busy, it was a wonderful day! I got up around 630 to get showered and get ready (including doing my hair and makeup). After the boys ate and played, I put them down for their nap and finished getting their lunch ready and all of my other things together. Bettina and Beine came over and sat with the boys while I went to Renee's wedding shower. Renee is a co worker of mine and is getting married in June. She loved the plate!

This is Nikki and Dalton...she's the maid of honor and he's her 6 month old. He learned to chew on his feet...YUMMY!!! There were a lot of ladies at the shower and Renee received many wonderful gifts. Best Wishes to Renee and Ray!



The next stop was to the Hartman's! Reese was the boys' NICU buddy and is celebrating the one year anniversary of his homecoming from the NICU. The Hartman's live about 45 minutes away and have a really nice BIG back yard. Brandon got down and played right away...bubbles..YAY!
Connor...was a little on the anti social side....
but soon warmed up and took the toys for a walk! Jason, Tara's husband, got these huge bouncy house things from his unit. The older kids were having a blast with them. My kids, on the other hand opted to lick the bubble wands and eat dirt.
I think this is the cutest picture EVER!!!! Brandon fell off right after I took this, but he's still super cute!
I literally threw Brandon in the bouncy house because he LOVES to be tossed around. He crawled right back out. If they were just a few months older, they probably would have loved it!
Here's the only picture of the birthday boy! He and Connor were playing with some old putt putt golf balls.
CONGRATULATIONS to Reese and for making it through this first year! Once again, there's still time to donate money to the March of Dimes TEAM HARTMAN. You can go to www.marchforbabies.com/katedanko. We are walking with them!

After the Hartman's we proceeded to the Brown's house. Theresa's birthday was today and her hubby is at airborne school. I was not about to let her spend her birthday alone!!! She lived just a few miles from the Hartman's so we HAD to stop! She fed me some very delicious minestrone soup that she just made up. I'm tellin' ya...this girl can really cook...and she cooks very healthy, wholesome foods that are naturally low in fat and calories. The boys even ate the soup! They mainly ate the meat in it, garbanzo beans, broccoli, and green beans. There were tomatoes in it, but I haven't given them any yet due to Brandon's eczema...tomatoes are known to case flair ups. It was time to go, but I couldn't leave until I tried a piece of her Tres Leche cake. While I was eating it, she and I were gabbing in the kitchen..right by the stairs. She asked Faith, "where's baby Brandon" and she calmly replied, "he's up the stairs" Neither of us believed her because we blocked the stairs and I was standing RIGHT BY THEM. I turned and looked up the stairs...and sure enough he was about 3 from the top. Unbelievable! You all know me...I had to get it on video for Eric. I put him at the bottom and he did it again without any hesitation. I'm glad I live in a ranch style house and I'm glad my fireplace is gone. Enjoy the video!



He wasted NO time in getting up the stairs! Once he rounded the corner, he saw the girls' playroom filled with toys.

No comments: