Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday Morning Construction

The boys and I were still asleep at 8 this morning, only to be woken up by the contractors. They got started bright and early today and made lots of progress in a short amount of time.

This is a picture of the deck...they took off the railing. There is going to be a sliding door from the addition to the deck.



Getting started on the floor...
Floor is done and ready for the next step.
They were done banging, hammering, and sawing RIGHT AT 10. It was so nice of them to work around the boys' nap schedule...JUST KIDDING..it was a coincidence, but a nice one at that! We're heading to a kids fest and will be back for nap time. They hope to finish the floor and get the roof "felted" in. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I think it just means to be ready for shingles. Zack is trying to get the addition secure so we can take the cardboard down. It doesn't really bother me to sleep at night with only cardboard separating me from the backyard because I have Jade and Rena, the wonder killer dogs. Yeah right! I'm not sure what we're going to do tomorrow, but we might just hang out at Bettina's house for the day.

Thank you to all of my friends and family who have called and emailed me LOTS of support through all of the construction. It hasn't been that bad! It's definitely messy and super dusty in the house and my dogs are going crazy since they can't run in the back yard all day. However, I thought it would be a lot worse! Thanks again!

No comments: