Thursday, April 17, 2008

Nothing new

The contractors didn't come today, and I knew that. They have some other projects they are working on, and they are waiting for the siding to come in anyway. I'm still not sure when they are going to finish knocking out the existing wall in our living room. Zack said they won't do it until the addition is insulated...makes sense! He doesn't want to open a wall to a room that isn't insulated.

The boys and I had a busy day. We went to the PX to get new sippy cups since they have figured out how to take off the lids and dump milk on the floor. They have also figured out how to turn the cup upside down, bang the top on the floor, and then they watch the milk slowly drip all over the floor...fun times! After the PX, we went to the commissary, they napped, I did laundry, made banana bread, cleaned and so on and so forth.

Tonight, while I was working on a gift for a friend, I was thinking about what all the kids ate today. Their diet is so vast...it's almost too crazy to be true. I made them vegan banana pancakes for breakfast along with some pineapple, grilled cheese and a WHOLE papaya for lunch, and finally pan seared pork chops with parmesan crusted asparagus and nectarines for dinner. Brandon didn't really care for the pork chop, but the kid only has 2 teeth!!!! Pork chops can be a little difficult to chew with only 2 teeth. They DEVOURED the asparagus though. I'm sure the picky eater syndrome will hit one of these days!!!! I read in my Parenting magazine that picky eaters are picky due to 3 reasons...they see us being fussy about foods, they aren't offered enough variety early enough, and finally...it's GENETIC! My kids should be good then because I'm not a very picky eater and neither is Eric....I don't do lima beans and beets and Eric doesn't do chunks of tomatoes and doesn't care for pork chops...we eat just about everything else.

No comments: