Friday, September 28, 2007

Mommy's Night Out

As most of you know, I'm the queen of winning prizes off the radio. I've won wine, John Mayer tickets, Brooks and Dunn tickets, Train tickets, hot chocolate, Outback gift certificates, cash, an autographed Maroon 5 electric guitar, fruit basket, a private dinner with Bob and Sheri, and the latest win...a set of tickets to see Air Supply. Not only were the tickets free, but the concert was right here in Fayetteville! My old coworker, Renee, and I headed out to the concert tonight while my friend Cathy stayed with the boys. She's a grandmother 3 times now...with one on the way...and one of her grandsons is only a month older than the boys. He doesn't live around here anymore, so she needs her baby fix from time to time. Tonight was the first time I left them with her and they did awesome! She followed my instructions exactly and said they did nothing but laugh and giggle all night. She even walked them and gave them baths, and got them in bed 30 minutes early! A big THANK YOU goes out to her for allowing me to have some time to myself...with Renee, of course.

The boys were supposed to go to Mother's Day Out this morning for the last time before RSV season, but that was canceled at the last minute due to a runny nose and rash. Connor has a runny nose that explodes like Ol' Faithful every time he sneezes which I think is related to teething because he doesn't have a fever. Brandon has a rash which we went to the doctor for yesterday. What he has isn't contagious, but if I saw a kid in the church nursery with a rash on his face like what Brandon has, I would be mad that the parent left them there to possibly infect other kids. I have to be respectful to other parents because I want the same respect from them when their kids are sick whether it's contagious or not. Since we didn't get out of the house, the boys helped me weed the landscaping in the front of the house as well as all the cracks in the concrete. My front yard look AWESOME now! We had a decent day in between one scratching himself to tears and the other decorating all the toys with clear snot! I was very excited to get out of the house tonight and know that they are being taken very good care of. I was hoping to get some pictures, but no cameras allowed. It's all about money! I paid 3 bucks for a bottle of diet coke! Oh well...it was a treat to myself.

It's almost 1 am and I still have a few things to do before I can go to bed. I'm definitely taking a nap with the boys tomorrow morning!

No comments: