Saturday, March 29, 2008

Movin' the dirt

I must be totally INSANE...wait...I KNOW I'm insane. I had this wonderful idea that we could use the dirt the contractor dug up for the foundation to fill all the glorious holes Jade and Rena have provided us in the back yard. I got the boys down for their morning nap, plugged in the baby monitor on the deck, gloved my hands and dug in! I didn't realize that once dirt is packed down, it doesn't go a long way. I stopped counting at 30 wheel barrels full so I'm sure I hit at least 50 loads of dirt. Keep in mind, I did this all by myself and after a rough night with the boys.


If you can't remember how much dirt was there before, look down at the previous blog posting.
DIRT BE GONE!!!! I wish I could have waved my hand, recited those words, and watched the dirt magically move to the other side of the yard.
The girls come in and out the the doggy door so much that they have pulled a lot of ground away from the door. That is where the majority of the dirt went. I missed the bluegrass of the midwest!!! We don't have grass in NC, but we have a lot of dirt, silt, dust, and weeds!

These pictures are mainly for Eric so he can see how much I managed to build up the ground by the back door. Rena could almost fit under the concrete slab...that's how bad it was.

Brandon cried last night from about 830 until 1130 or so. I'm not sure what time he stopped, but I was on the phone with the 24 hour nurse. I was concerned that there might be something wrong after his vaccination, but he hasn't had a problem before. He ended up in bed with me until 1 or so, and I was finally able to put him in his own bed. He cried again this morning for about 30 minutes before falling asleep for his morning nap. Even though he was up so late, he was up bright eyed at 7 this morning. Oh yeah, Connor was up until about 11 last night as well! So after a rough night with the munchkins, not much sleep for me, a trip to the grocery store, and almost 2 hours spent moving dirt, I'm going to pop a few motrin for the sore back I'm going to have tomorrow, get my kids up (they are talking in their cribs now), feed them lunch and then we're all going to lay on the floor and play. My time card is punched for the day...whew!

No comments: