Monday, March 3, 2008

It's Official

Eric has been doing a lot of "career soul searching" lately. Originally, we were only staying in the military for 4 years, then he decided to make a career out of it, then we were moving to Germany, then he switch to the 82nd Airborne unit, then we managed to sneak in a set of twins, then we were moving to Georgia, and now things have changed once again. We've been doing a lot of talking about different options, but haven't said much to anyone since nothing is ever official in the military until it's in writing. However, Eric received the official email today. We are no longer moving to Augusta, GA in the fall and will stay here at Ft Bragg until at least 2011. He is going into what's called the Bravo Residency instead of the Perio Residency. Thankfully, we're staying here, but unfortunately we won't be here long enough to buy a bigger house. 1,000 square feet was perfect for just us and the pups, but adding a set of twins to our family has definitely cramped us! We're looking into putting a small addition onto the back of the house. We're thinking of adding on a 12 x20 sun room. We have to be very careful not to build out of the market value of the neighborhood. The sun room will become a playroom for the boys, and we'll turn our family room back into a traditional family room. We're having a tree removed tomorrow and are waiting for our contractor to get back with us about the addition as well as a new kitchen floor. I've been waiting for this new floor for 3 years now, and I think I'm getting a new sink and faucet too. YAY for me! I spend most of my time in the kitchen and need some new appliances and such.

Personally, I'm happy to stay here since I have friends and a good support network, but I'm bummed that we aren't moving into a bigger house. It's only for 3 more years, and then we'll most likely be moving on to a different duty station. It isn't normal to be in one place for so long, but I'm liking it. I'll be bummed BIG TIME if we end up staying here after he finishes his residency because that means we could have bought a bigger house. Oh well, that's part of living the military life I guess. So, to all of our Fayetteville friends...WE AREN'T LEAVING!

3 comments:

casadefred said...

CONGRATS on the great decision!!! I'm glad you'll still only be 5 hours away!

Julie said...

I'm sure it's a relief to finally have a plan and be able to move forward with it. Good luck on the home renovations!

The Wietholder's said...

Yeah....a decision has been made. We will be moving at the same time in 2011!! Who knows maybe we will end up near each other again.

Love and Miss Ya