Thursday, June 12, 2008

Zesty Italian Turkey Tenderloin with Grilled Parmesan Crusted Brussel Sprouts

This dish turned out SO yummy! I think this is now one of my favorites...for a few reasons.

#1 Turkey Tenderloin contains less fat and calories than Pork Tenderloin. It may be less on calories, but it's really tasty

#2 It comes prepackaged...already seasoned...ready to grill. Also, they come 2 to a package, so I cook one right away and freeze the other.

#3 Grilling is a good way to cook if I'm not in the mood to do a lot of dishes

#4 Frozen brussel sprouts are always stocked in the Danko Freezer

#5 Anything grilled with a little EVOO, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese tastes fantastic

All I did was nuke the brussels for 2 minutes in a little water to thaw them. I put them on the squewers, dashed them with salt and pepper, drizzled the EVOO over the top (I used a basting brush to get them covered thoroughly) and then topped them off with some parmesan. Once the tenderloin was halfway cooked, I place the scewers directly on the second shelf in the grill. I turned them once and they looked finished when the turkey was done. They tasted fantastic. The parmesan cheese gave them a crust that resembled fried food. Who doesn't LOVE fried food???? The boys chowed on the whole meal along with me and Bettina. The boys topped their meal off with some pears while Bettina and I each enjoy 1/2 cup of Breyers Fat Free Cappuccino Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream...HECK YEAH!

NOTE TO SELF: Holding the pot holders in the left hand while trying to turn the METAL scewers with the right hand leads to REALLY bad burns on the index finger and thumb. Blonde moment number...who am I kidding...I've lost count! Seriously, I do have 2 really bad burns on my finger and thumb, but it sure as heck isn't keeping me from blogging and bragging about this meal. I love trying new things as well as things that just come to me. I love recipe books, but discovering something on my own is invigorating!

Have a great night. Me and my burns are going to read a book for a few hours to unwind!

No comments: