Thursday, June 5, 2008

15 hours later

Well, this trip didn't go as well as the trip last week. Unfortunately, I had a little car trouble and spent 3 and a half hours at a Ford Dealership in good ol Wytheville, VA today. I thought my alignment was off when I hit West Virginia, but it got worse and worse. By the time I hit Virginia, I couldn't control the steering wheel anymore and the car was swerving all over the road. I called our service tech here in Fayetteville and she told me to get off the road and either call AAA or get to a Ford Dealership. THANK GOODNESS FOR MY GPS SYSTEM!!! That thing saved me today! It has point of interest on it, so I clicked auto and searched for the nearest dealership which happened to be 3 miles from where I was. They hooked me up with 2 new tires, since one was very close to blowing up, and fixed the alignment. These service guys were awesome to me! They were very nice and accommodating. I was prepared to get a hotel and spend the night just in case they had to order parts. The head of the service department even grabbed the 2 wet diapers I had in my hand and threw them away for me. WHOA! The boys were total angels as usual! I think God gave me good travelers because we will be traveling for the rest of our lives while in the military. I fed them lunch and then we played in the car showroom. They walked all around, I took them on rides in a desk chair, and spent a lot of my time keeping their grubby hands off the brand new Z06 corvette...shew! We made it home, the car is unloaded (but not put away), the boys are in bed and I'm going to brush my teeth and crash! I've been up since 4 am and 15 hours on the road has totally worn me out! Oh yeah...SMACK me if I EVER want to purchase another Ford. We have 3 and they are in the shop all the time! It'll be a few years before we buy a new car, but seriously...don't let us buy another Ford!

2 comments:

casadefred said...

You really are Super Mom!!! I'm going to make you an outfit with a really pretty cape and a crown. After all, what's a Super Mom without a crown!

I'm glad that you made it home safe and sound and I'm even more glad that you came all the way up to KY. It made it the perfect weekend for me! Both my sisters home!!

Jeff, Jayne, Zach and TJ said...

Whoda thunk that "Kake" would turn into the super-fastasmagorical mom that she has today!
Your boys are blessed to have YOU.

Sooooooo when do you think you'll know about your next deployment??? HUH???