Monday, June 16, 2008

Super Woman

Today, I felt like super woman. I accomplished more today than I have in WEEKS. Here's the run down...

630 - Up and at 'em. I stripped my bed sheets, mattress pad, and even bed skirt. This is hard to do with a king sized bed all by myself! Got those sheets in the washer

700 - Dressed myself, emptied the dishwasher, got milk cups ready, got the boys up.

730 - Loaded up and out the door for a 2 mile run. I haven't been able to get out to exercise at any other time due to the extreme heat...so early morning it is!

815 - Breakfast for the munchkins, strip their beds, transfer laundry to dryer and start another load

830 I ate, then we played with shapes, cars, and books. This time included lots of crying on Connor's part...I think he has some molars coming in!

915 - Early nap time for the boys due to constant crying...by them...not me!

930-1030 - I swapped out more laundry and then proceeded to groom the pups! I shaved them both, bathed them, clipped nails, administered monthly flea and heart worm meds, and cleaned all that mess up. This is the one and only task that I absolutely hate doing. I know I've complained about it many times before. When Eric is home in a few weeks, this will become his job!

1030 - Much needed shower for me

1100 - I worked on my actual work for about 30 minutes

1130 - swapped out more laundry, folded laundry, remade my bed, and started on lunch for the boys.

1200 - lunch time which consisted of grilled cheese, avocado, and kiwi for the boys and a weight watchers meal for me...yum!

1230 - We headed to Target for a little outing. Connor decided to "kiss" the concrete on our way to the car. He cried a lot, but no serious damage was done. He has a scrape on his head and a little on his hand. Brandon was already buckled in the car with it running and the air on, so I headed back inside to wash Connor's wound. Then I realized, I don't have any first aid things at the house. I washed it off, kissed it, and he was all better. I added all the basic first aid needs to my Target shopping list!



245 - Back home from Target. They had a snack of goldfish while I assembled my own first aid kit!

300 - Boys back down for a nap due to constant crying, yet again. They cry more now than they did as babies!!!

300-445 - I scrubbed the kitchen floor with bleach on my hands and knees, wiped down the dog feeders, high chairs, swapped out more laundry, folded more laundry, and took a 30 minute break for myself!

445 - Got dinner going. We had cracked peppercorn and garlic pork tenderloin, sauted squash and zucchini, and a piece of garlic toast. This was a delicious, healthy, well rounded dinner!!! I topped mine off with a sugar free raspberry dark chocolate pudding cup! THOSE THINGS ARE DELICIOUS!!!!



600 - More crying continued and I just couldn't take it. We packed up and went to our friend Pat's house and walked about 2 miles with her and her dog Betsy. The boys were angels!

8 - Late bath time, brush teeth, jammies, picking up the toy room, book and finally bed time! They don't quite understand the concept of putting toys away, but I can usually get them to put one or 2 away before they start tearing it all out again.

Now, I'm watching Jon and Kate plus 8 while I type this. I have 2 more loads of laundry to go and I still need to mop the hard wood.

I'm pooped! I also managed to read about 4 chapters in my book!

Here's a little video of what the boys got into after their nap..while I was making dinner. You can also hear Connor's baby talk...he babbles as he walks...so cute!


4 comments:

Danko Grandparents said...

Connor,(Brandon and Kate too).
Fryexvbhkilobetsewalokhty!(See u in few weeks! Can't wait)!
Grandma Dorie and Grandpap Dan

Allison said...

Whew, Kate, I am tired just reading that. I do love when I have days like that though, It just feels so productive. Your dinners are always so delicious looking I think that is half the reason I check you blog, to see the yummy looking food you make.

Unknown said...

Hey Kate i am amazed they can walk already!!!!!! I LOVE the show Jon and Kate plus 8!!! their kids are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute........... well all except Mady (little miss crabby) lol well how old r the boys now??? cuz well i wannna no!!

luvs
**Brianna**

The Wietholder's said...

My goodness woman, slow down and enjoy life! Just kidding...glad you had such a productive day. I know you are probably feeling good right now. Power to ya girlie...

Love Ya