Monday, December 31, 2007

We're home

We made it home! My parents and I drove from Destin to Columbia, SC yesterday, spent the night, and then I continued home to Fayetteville and they headed back to Florence. Thanks SO MUCH to my parents for the trip to FL, going WAY out of their way to help me drive back, and for all the love and help with the boys. It was a very nice 2 weeks and I feel relaxed and refreshed. The boys and I drove the last 170 miles this morning, and once again, they were champion travelers. I even left them in the car while I ran into the house and vacuumed the family room really fast. The dogs had free reign of the house while I was gone, so there is a lot of cleaning to be done. At least the family room is pretty clean so the boys had somewhere to play. I'm about 75% done unpacking and am getting ready to take the boys for a nice walk. It's really pretty outside and I think a relaxing walk would do us all good!

The boys each tried the "homey" look with my cousin Zach's hat. He's about 6'3" and only a freshman in high school. The boys loved him!!!



3 comments:

Danko Grandparents said...

Glad everyone had a safe trip and u all r back home.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Danko Grandparents

The Wietholder's said...

Glad to hear you are back at home!!! ;-) Here is to a happy and healthy 2008!!

Miss YA

Jeff, Jayne, Zach and TJ said...

We had an absolute BLAST hangin' with the "home-boys". They are both treasures and so much fun to be around.
They were troopers no matter where they were and only got fussy when it was time to be so. We all have those moments!!
We enjoyed being with family during Christmas which is something we don't get to do very often.
Love you all lots!
The Owstons