Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas in Florida!

Well, we're heading out to Florida tomorrow morning at 3 am. The boys do very well when we drive through the morning, so we're going to do it again this time. It kinda bites for us, but it's all about the kiddos!

Mom and I went to Lexington on Wednesday and I was able to see a few friends and she was able to go to a quilt shop. It was awesome seeing our old neighbor and my friend Jen Amos...SHOUT OUT TO JEN!!! It's amazing how much Lexington has changed since we moved almost 4 years ago. The hospital is growing even more, and I heard the mall is HUGE now, but we didn't make it to that end of Nicholasville Road.

On Thursday, Dad, the boys and I did some shopping all day! We went to Target, Sams, the mall, the new shopping center up in Crestview Hills, Bed Bath and Beyond and Linens N Things. The boys seemed to really enjoy going into new stores and were in a great mood all day....until we got home. Poor Brandon was screaming all afternoon and cried himself to sleep. I tried everything to comfort him, but was at a loss. Come dinner time, I decided to stick my finger in his mouth to see if there was maybe a tooth...and sure enough...THERE WAS! B finally got his first tooth!!!! Had I known, a cold washcloth, baby orajel or a little Motrin would have done the trick. It's ok...it's a constant learning process for me.

Also on Thursday, the boys decided they are too big to be eating pureed food anymore. I think it feels good on their gums to chew! So, we've graduated to pieces of food! They have been eating peas, carrots, green beans, noodles, cheese, cinnamon apples (this was new tonight!), fresh peaches, bananas, and toast. It's amazing how that just kind of came over night! I'm going to try tofu on them for protein reasons this week. We'll see how they like it! I still want to wait another month for meat because the meat-in-a-jar doesn't excite me at all! 2 more months and we can switch to whole milk...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! Connor is doing better with his sipee cup, but he has good days and bad. He'll do it one of these days.

We are all packed and ready to go. I'm going to head to bed and try to get a good 4 hours of sleep before it's time to get back up and drive. Dad rented me a few books on CD! Nothing helps a long drive other than a little smut on a long drive!

Here's a picture of my nephew Benjamin and my sister Ann! They are both home from the hospital and we hope they have a wonderful Christmas as a WHOLE family again!!!!!



1 comment:

The Girberts said...

Hey Kate!! I think all moms would agree that motherhood is a continuous learning process!! I hope you all have a good drive to Florida and that you have a wonderful Christmas!!