Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Separated :(

Gone are the days of walking into the nursery to see the boys hugging each other:( I'm serious...this separation was harder for me than it was for them! Connor cried off and on for 3 hours the first night I separated them, but I had him in the Pack n Play and he couldn't even see Brandon. They did much better the next night.


Here is what the back wall of the nursery looked like before I set up the crib....
Here it is after. They normally face each other through the ends of the cribs and talk to each other.

This is the very last time they slept together. This was the morning nap AFTER the first night they were apart. Connor was so tired, that he fell asleep sitting up and then just fell forward. I didn't have the heart to move him, so I just let him sleep. He was very excited to be with his brother again.

I'm sure they will eventually learn how to crawl over the crib to each other, but for now, I'll leave the cribs facing each other. I'll probably have to separate the cribs later, but I want them to be close to each other. They spent 31 1/2 weeks smashed together inside me, 9 weeks apart in the NICU and the last 7 months together again in the same crib. I can't believe how much they are growing!

I'm looking forward to my trip to Florida so Great Grandpa Yibby can see the boys and show them to the sandy beaches of Destin.

1 comment:

Jeff, Jayne, Zach and TJ said...

We are very excited to meet ya'll down in Florida and I'm glad I read your site so now I know about the allergies. I will very carefully instruct the boyz not to give ANYTHING to the boys unless Kate gives it to them. That will protect them from the snack monsters.
They are both so beautiful!
Can't wait!!!
Auntie Hayne