Saturday, December 8, 2007

Ahh...the weekend!

It's finally the weekend! It's not like it really matters, because I do the exact same thing everyday...no weekend break for me!

The boys and I took some yummy snacks up to the NICU today. Those nurses were such a big part of our year, and I thought they needed a little something special. I made lots of cookies and other chocolaty and peanut buttery snacks for them to "nosh" on! Funny thing...Brandon was allergic to all of it...so I really needed to get it out of the house. I hope they all enjoy it and think of us while they do. There is no way to really repay these ladies and gentlemen, but I'll continue to try to. Thanks again Cape Fear NICU. All of you were our angels this year!

Even though the boys are in separate beds now, they still try to be by each other. So sweet! I was really bummed about them being separated because I love to go in and look at them every night before I finally make it to bed. However, this is how I found them during their morning nap, and it was just as sweet and rewarding for me. I love sleeping babies!!!!



Brandon has the most sensitive skin I have ever seen in my life. He woke up 2 days ago with some red spots on him and I thought they were bug bites of some kind. I asked my neighbor to come look at them, and she said they definitely weren't bites. I packed both boys up and headed to the peds office. It was a Friday and I didn't want to wait all weekend if it was going to get worse. I don't remember what the doc said it was, but it's another form of his eczema. He has spots on him that look like targets. She said to keep him loaded with oral Benadryl and that topical creams wouldn't work. When he woke up this morning, the spots from the previous day were gone, but more appeared in different locations. I think it's strawberries! Eric's mom said they made his eczema flair at time when he was a child, and the boys have been getting fresh strawberries in their yogurt the last few days. Today was day 4 of introducing strawberries, so I think I'll lay off of them for a while. It's becoming a guessing game with him and I'm very scared to introduce too many new things. So, we're going to take our time with the foods just to make sure he doesn't have a bad reaction. I have carrots cut up into small pieces, steamed, and frozen waiting to be picked up by little sticky fingers!!! Once they master carrots, I think we'll move to apples. They can handle banana bits now, but don't like to touch them...silly boys! Pasta is next...once I find one that doesn't contain egg or wasn't manufactured at a plant that handles other egg products. I'm on a mission!!!!

Here's a picture of B's poor face today. It was already better tonight, but I'll still take pictures everyday to try and track his spots. It looks like someone beat him up...my poor little man!



Oh yeah...it was a sunny 75 degrees here today!!!! The boys and I walked for over an hour and it felt great to get outside. They slept most of the way, but I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh air. I know a lot of my readers have snow...WE DON'T!!!!!!!

No comments: