Thursday, January 24, 2008

Yummy Turkeyballs

Now that the boys have mastered chicken, which they prefer baked with olive oil, salt, and pepper, it's time to work on turkey. It's not practical for me to buy a turkey, cook it, and freeze it like I do with everything else. There's a recipe in my Sneaky Chef cookbook for turkey meatballs, but I had to modify it a little. Brandon is allergic to eggs, and I'm not ready for them to have tomato sauce yet since it's acidic and will most likely send his eczema into SHOCK. So, I took 3/4 lb ground turkey, one stage 2 green beans, one stage 1 sweet potato (both left over from my emergency baby food stash), 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, and about 2-3 tbsp wheat germ. I smashed it all together, used my awesome pampered chef scooper and scooped them into a baking dish that I sprayed with olive oil. I topped them off with a little bit of pepper and some parm cheese. I baked them in the oven for 11 minutes at 350 and VOILA...TURKEYBALLS. I tasted one, and I can definitely taste the vegetables, but once I can mix in the tomato paste, I bet that flavor will hide it for me. We'll see if the munchkins like them tonight for dinner.



No comments: