Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Where's Brandon?

I heard Brandon babbling as he was exploring the family room while Connor and I were playing soccer, but all of a sudden it got quiet. Any mother knows that silence means trouble! Brandon crawled behind the couch to the opposite end to the end table. I normally have something blocking the back out the couch, but had to move it last night due to a bleeding dog...see that story below!


Once a month we shave, bathe, trim nails, and administer monthly medications to the dogs. For the record, I HATE DOING THIS. I don't mind the bathing or meds, but I hate the shaving and nail clipping. This has always been Eric's job and I can't wait for him to come home so I don't have to do it anymore. Why shave the dogs??? They shed so bad that shaving them is the only way to keep the dog hair and dirt from overcoming our house. They were both so dirty that it was very hard to shave them...annoyance #1. They didn't want to cooperate...annoyance #2. Clipping nails...annoyance #3! Jade flinched right as I clipped one of her back ones and I snipped the clipped too close!! Needless to say, she yelped very loudly and instantly started bleeding. After running around the kitchen and getting blood everywhere, I managed to get to her lay down as I wrap a cold towel around her foot. We sat there and I petted her and apologized profusely. After a few minutes, the bleeding stopped, I finished her other foot and clipped Rena's nails. Next is bath time. I bathed Jade, dried her off, put her in the family room, (can't put her in the kitchen because it's covered in hair and blood) and took Rena in for her bath. The warm water must have broken the blood clot in Jade's nail because when I brought Rena out after her bath there was blood EVERYWHERE. On the couches, all over the living room carpet, in my bathroom, and on some blankets. They get very excited and hyper after their baths, so I'm not surprised. I called my aunt who breeds dogs to get advice on how to get her to stop bleeding. Then, I spent the next 2 hours spot treating, scrubbing, and then steam cleaning the living room and hallways, then scrubbing the kitchen floor and my bathroom floor. I didn't finish until about 11 and the whole dog grooming process started at 830. There were other things I needed to do, but had to let it go and finish the laundry instead. There's nothing like getting to bed at about 1 and getting back up at 7. I can't wait for Eric to come home.

1 comment:

The Wietholder's said...

Hope Jade is doing better! Sally misses those girls.

Silence is never a good thing when boys are playing....B sure is getting around.