Monday, January 28, 2008

Just Checkin' In

I know I haven't posted anything in a few days, but things are just fine in the Danko house! The boys are about 90% better with a few tissue wipes instead of MANY! They are both teething big time, so there's still a lot of crying, but the crying spurts usually only last a few seconds. They cry about it, and then go play with a toy! Tonight, they were being especially cute....


Connor was playing peekaboo with me over the side of the couch.
He looks like the una-baby-bomber!
Here's my little man with a nice sweet smile on his face. I gave in and let them have the pacies this week. I had to do what I had to do to achieve some sanity.

The boys are still my little champion eaters! They have passed the allergy waiting period for cherries and zucchini! I tossed their noodles with olive oil and parmesan cheese for lunch! Brandon put those noodles down so fast that it was hard to keep any on his tray. For dinner, I experimented with some pineapple baked chicken and it was a success!!! I even had a little that they didn't eat and I have to say it was pretty tasty. They also had their first grilled cheese sandwich, one of my personal favorites, and devoured it as well.

It's hard to believe that they will be 1 on Wednesday. We are going to wait until Eric comes home for R&R to celebrate with cake and all that good stuff. However, I'm going to give them mac and cheese for the first time...another one of my all time favorites! I have a recipe for some homemade mac & cheese with veggies hidden inside. I'm sure they'll love it.

Eric will be home in February for 18 days. We have lots planned..family photos, lots of family time, the boys' birthday party, yearly vet visit for the pups, maybe a day trip to Raleigh, and hopefully some time for us to be alone. A few of my neighbors have offered to come sit with the boys so Eric and I can go out. It's been 7 months since the 4 of us have been a family and we can't wait to be a 4-some again. So, if there aren't any posts on the blog, or if we aren't answering the phone, or if we aren't even answering the front door...don't worry! That just means we are being a family of only 4!

1 comment:

The Wietholder's said...

Good for you guys...you deserve some family time plus some alone time! ;-)

You are on my calendar to not bother unless it is important.