Monday, January 7, 2008

Gotta Have It Brownies

Eric sent me a brownie recipe that he thought I would enjoy making. I guess Reader's Digest put out an article of America's 100 best Passions and this ranked as number 9. I've never made brownies from scratch, but these were very easy. WARNING..do not make if you are dieting because they are loaded with butter, fat and sugar. Even if you aren't dieting, enjoy responsibly!

Mix together
1 cup soft butter
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup cocoa

Stir in
4 eggs

Add
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (optional) I did not add nuts because of B's allergy

Stir well. pour into greased 1 inch deep baking sheet and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until done

Cover with 1 lb mini marshmallows and bake again for 3 minutes

Add frosting
1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa
1/3 cup canned evaporated milk

OH MY GOSH SO GOOD!

1 comment: