Tuesday, January 29, 2008

One Year Ago...

...I was on the phone with my doctor's office trying to figure out if I was in labor...8 weeks early! I can't even think back that far. Thank goodness for cameras and technology because it's hard to remember what went on that night. It's all such a blur! I remember counting my contractions, and they were 4-1-1, calling the doctor and him putting me on some motrin, the next thing I knew the nurse said I was 7 cm dilated, and a blink later I hear two screaming (thankfully) babies. The next 2 months were even more blurry. I'm very thankful for the care all 3 of us received, for the prayers for the boys' health, and most of all for the support from my family and friends over the last 7 months of Eric's deployment. We are half way through, and so far so good! I guess I never realized how strong I really am. The NICU process was very tiring, deployment has been very rough, but at the end of the day I have 2 healthy, handsome, absolutely charming little boys in my life and I couldn't be more blessed.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY BOYS!!!!


The very last picture of me pregnant

Brandon asleep in his NICU warming bed the day he was born. Yes...that's a preemie diaper and it's huge on him! He still sleeps like this.
Connor all hooked up to his monitors taking a snooze after a very unexpected delivery into this world.

4 comments:

Danko Grandparents said...

Brandon and Connor,
Happy 1st Birthday!!!!!
We Love You.
Grandma and Grandpap Danko

casadefred said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOYS! Uncle Jake and I are so happy and blessed to have you as our nephews!

YEAH YOU'RE 1!!!

The Wietholder's said...

This brought tears to my eyes! Happy Birthday Brandon and Connor!!! I miss you all so much. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you, but you are in our thoughts on this special day, the day of your birth!!

I love you all...Kate you are amazing, you have made it so far. You are a very strong, bright and beautiful woman. Eric is one lucky man to have a wife like you!

The Girberts said...

Happy birthday, Brandon & Connor! We are so thankful you have grown to be beautiful, healthy boys!! Have fun with Daddy when he comes home!!