Monday, May 12, 2008

WHOA Busy day

Today was a crazy busy day...

630 - get up, shower, get ready and leave to be at Lowes by 7am to resolve problem with the blinds. Here is what happened. I special ordered the cordless Levolor blinds to fit the windows. I could have purchased blinds in the store and had them cut for 1/2 the price, but would rather pay more and have them manufactured specifically for my windows. What did they send me...CUT BLINDS! They sent the exact same blinds I could have gotten in the store. The manager had no problem refunding me all of my money and charging me only what they would have cost me in the store. Everyone...watch for things like that!!! I ended up having them cut even more to be able to mount them inside the window box instead of outside. I love them!




After Lowes, I ran to Utley & Knowles to pick up and drop off the billing work that I do from home. I came home, mom already had the boys down for their nap, and I tackled the billing.

1130am - The boys woke up and I fed them lunch. Brandon and I left to go to his doctor's appointment for a recheck on his lung issues. Connor stayed home with Grandma! Brandon's O2 saturation was normal, he got his vaccination and...HE GAINED 1/2 POUND!!! He gained enough for me to turn his car seat back around!!! The doc thinks B has asthma so we're watching him and I have plenty of medication to administer as needed.

230 - Ran to the lighting store to pick up some stupid "special bulbs" for the ceiling fans. The government is regulating bulbs now and have come up with these special ones for ceiling fans. Lowes and Home Depot aren't carrying them yet. Arg.

330 - Was home in time to feed the boys a snack and put them down for their afternoon nap. During their nap, I chilled...so pooped!

This whole time, Zack and James were at the house finishing up little things. Like the threshold to the carpet...

The deck gate...
And the deck steps.

They put up the blinds for me, fixed an outlet, replaced some more rotten wood around our gutters, and cleaned up the yard. The painters will be out on Wednesday to fix the paint problems, and I think that's about it! The room looks amazing and I'm totally happy with it.

I talked to Ryan, the head guy, about their plans for the rest of the week and for some business cards. My neighbor, who has 7 month old twin girls, wants to add on now too!!! I think I scored them some major business! Also, Ryan asked me to help them with an upcoming radio ad...how cool is that!?!?!?!?! He thinks I have a good radio voice and wants me to do a little talkin' for him!

This process has been rough and I have no plans to do any kind of remodeling any time soon, but I'm very happy with the end result. I think we got a lot for our money and it has already made this house much more livable for our growing family.

No comments: