Friday, May 23, 2008

Long Day = Long Post

We were out the door by 830 this morning! The boys went to Mother's Day Out, and I ran a ton of errands. Those errands included a lot of SPOILING of my boys, but they really need things to do inside the house. This is them totally passed out after I picked them up from MDO. It was a really nice day out, so I put the windows down and let them sleep in the car a little while I took my purchases inside. They stayed in the car for about 20 minutes until I woke them up.

They were in for a BIG surprise when they walked (crawled) in the door. I found one of these little club house thingys at the used store and couldn't pass it up. I've been watching craigs list for something like this, but most of them have been used outside and aren't in very good condition. Plus, they wanted the same amount that I paid for this one and it looks brand new! The lady at the consignment store said it came from a lady who ran an in home day care. It was a GREAT buy for me!!!
This look on Brandon's face is what giving them special gifts is all about. They played with this slide all day long...and I mean it...all day!

I attached Mr. Giraffe to the slide so they could slide into a tunnel...Connor loved it! Brandon is laughing in this picture...that's not a crying face!!
Connor just pushed his way by Brandon..exCUSE me brother!



The boys enjoyed PB & J and some fresh papaya for lunch. I kept saying papaya when I put more on their tray, and Connor kept getting closer and closer to saying it. He uses really convincing inflection in his voice when he talks. Even B came really close to saying it...




The OT suggested I start introducing the boys to markers, crayons, etc. Theresa gave me some of the Crayola markers for babies, and I bought them the Crayola Stampers at Wally World today. They didn't quite understand the idea, and Connor was more interested in ripping the paper off his tray, but I bet Picasso did the same thing!


This picture...which is blurry...sorry...was a stamp that Connor made ALL BY HIMSELF! GO BUDDY! It's amazing what I think is a HUGE accomplishment. Now I can add "budding artist" to that list!
You can see his little stamp mark again on this page. I should have saved the paper ( and I'm surprised I didn't) but it's long gone under dirty diapers and raw chicken wrapping :(
I think Brandon looks like a man in this picture and not a baby! :( They are growing up SO fast.
B is getting some teeth...BIG TIME! His top front teeth have broken through and the side ones are almost there! The easiest way to get a picture of their mouth is to TICKLE TICKLE TICKLE!!!

The other purchase I made today was this SPIDERMAN couch! They both loved the Disney Princess one that Katie and Angelica had, and I thought this would be something they would use. Brandon didn't waste any time sitting on it, laying on it, and standing on it. He told me he's looking for Daddy out in the backyard...
and so is Connor!

Brinks came out and added a sensor to the new sliding door today so our house is now fully secure again. The boys took a nap, and I snuck in a 45 minute snooze. Then I grilled Bettina and I some BBQ chicken and a piece of honey mustard chicken for the kids along with some squash, zucchini, and onions for dinner. Then we all headed to Kmart to return some sandals, Lowes to pick up a swatch of paint for Ryan to come and touch up some bad spots, picked up the Explorer from Ford and headed back home. The boys played so well tonight that I let them stay up an extra 20 minutes. I hope they sleep in tomorrow!!! I did 3 loads of laundry, mopped all the hard floors, and cleaned up the kitchen. I'm totally pooped today! The boys kept me on my feet all day, but I loved every minute of it! We don't have any plans tomorrow and I don't plan on going anywhere...so sleeping in would be awesome. The joggling stroller is in the back of the Explorer, so I haven't been able to get out with the boys. I'm hoping to go for a nice long run/walk tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend, and congratulations to my cousins Lisa and Renae for graduating from high school. They are both having parties this weekend and I wish I could be there :(

1 comment:

The Harveys said...

Phew, Kate! You did have a busy day! Your boys are absolutely a JOY to watch!! I can "hear" the love and pride in your "voice"!