Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where's Daddy When You Need Him?????

Well, we had our first "accident" last night. Connor slipped in the bathtub and chipped his front tooth. I was just getting ready to lift him out of the tub and he either slipped or lost his balance and hit his mouth on the edge of the tub. Instant tears, blood, and tooth particles!!! The bleeding stopped pretty quickly and so did his tears, but there's a definite chip in his front tooth. He immediately drank from him cup, so I figured there wasn't any pain or nerve damage. The cold milk would have given him a shot of serious pain if he exposed a nerve. I called my friend Theresa since her hubby is a dentist with Eric. Thankfully, Scott isn't deployed! He said it was probably fine and not to worry. I ran into them at the commissary today! Scott looked at it and still doesn't think there's a problem, but it's definitely worth getting x rayed. I'm so disappointed!!! Eric and I both have really beautiful teeth (yes I'm bragging a little) and it's disappointing to see his chip. I guess it gives him character! The chip isn't super noticeable, but it looks like 2 of his teeth are pushed up and back from where they normally are. We don't have the boys enrolled in dental insurance yet. If you have toddlers and have the opportunity to get dental insurance on them...DO IT!!! I filled out the form and am going to fax it in tomorrow with a copy of my Power of Attorney, but the coverage won't start until June 1. I've been trying to get a picture of his "character chip", but he won't let me. We'll see what Dr. Watson says tomorrow...hopefully he can get us in!

No comments: