Wednesday, May 7, 2008

End of Wednesday Construction

So close...but not quite. The room is ALMOST finished. The heating/air is finished under the house, but the vents haven't been added to the floor yet. The ceiling fans need to be installed, the carpet and wood flooring need to be connected, and a few paint touch ups. The deck stairs still need some work on the banister, an air duct need to be replaced and a joint sistered...and that's about it! Here are some pictures from today





If you look closely, you can see Connor crying at the baby gate since he threw his milk over the top...hahaha

We had a really hard time deciding what to do with the bare space in the living room where the fireplace used to be. We didn't want to do hardwood through the entire room, but weren't able to match up the existing burber carpet. So, this is what we came up with and I think it looks pretty darn good. I'm ready to get rid of the burber carpet, but maybe in a year or so. At that time, we can run the carpet right to the archway if we want to.

It's so close to being finished. I'm heading to Raleigh at the crack of dawn tomorrow to pick up Grandma Karen from the airport. Zack is going to work on some of the outside things. I told him I wasn't going to leave my house unlocked all day but he was more than welcome to work on the exterior. The painters will be back on Friday to finish up some trim in the living room, and Zack hopes to get all of my blinds hung for me. SOOOOOO close!

No comments: