Saturday, May 10, 2008

Addition Progress Update

Contrary to what the following pictures show, the room isn't complete just yet. There is a nice LONG laundry list of things still to be done. However, I had it up to HERE with living in such an unsafe and cramped way. Mom and I cleaned the windows, floor, walls etc and I started moving the furniture in. Some of it has been stored on Eric's side of the bed since about August and the rest of it has been in the existing family room and kitchen. I no longer have a coffee table in my bedroom (it's in the family room), no more toys in the kitchen, and I have my old family room back. They need to repaint a few of the walls since they did not listen to my instructions on what colors went where, an outlet isn't working, door needs caulking, deck steps need a banister, family room has some paint issues...blah blah blah.

The furniture you see in the room now is all that is going in there. There's still plenty of room for the boys to play and for adults to converse. All of their toys are organized and disinfected. Apparently, I have some OCD issues! ALL and I mean ALL of their toys are in the white cubical shelves...LOVE THOSE. There probably won't be any more construction postings since I'm totally and 100% sick and tired of talking about it and taking pictures of it. The things left aren't picture worthy. Oh yeah, we had a major issue with the blinds...that's why they aren't up. Once I get it straightened out with Lowes, I promise to take a picture so you all can see.










This is a picture of the very first time they played in their new room!

3 comments:

The Girberts said...

Wow, Kate! It looks great!! I hope you can get all of the kinks worked out soon!! Enjoy to extra space!!

Jessica said...

That is gorgeous, glad your new living space is functional! You ALL will love it this summer.

casadefred said...

Congrats!!! You have done so much to handle the craziness of the construction!

On this being Mother's Day, I can say again...you are an AMAZING mom!