Monday, June 25, 2007

Update...

Not too much to report. Brandon and Connor both moved up a clothing size this past week. B is now in 3-6 month clothes and Connor (aka Chunky Monkey) is in 6-9 month clothes. I'm heading to Raleigh on Thursday to pick up Rylan from the airport, and we're going to hit the Once Upon a Child store on the way back. My big baby needs clothes! I haven't had to purchase much clothes at all. The boys received plenty of clothes as baby shower gifts to get them through the first 5-6 months. I just bought my first set of wipes too!!! I received a TON of wipes from my showers.

It seems like everything decided to break once Eric left. The garbage disposal broke, dishwasher died, vacuum stopped working, lost a lugnut off my car that had to be specially ordered since it's one that doesn't allow thieves to steal our chrome rims, shower nozzle broke, and NOW I noticed we have another mouse living in the house with us...and I think he's hanging out in the boys' room. I had my friend's boyfriend, Greg, replace my disposal, fix my shower nozzle, and replace my lug nut. THANKS GREG!!! I owe you a batch of homemade cookies!!! I purchased a new dishwasher from Sears and they were supposed to call me today and set up a time to install it...come to think of it, they didn't call. The only thing left, is to catch the little rascal of a mouse that's leaving his mark in the nursery. Anyone have an outside cat I can put in my backyard to keep the mice away???? Rena takes care of the squirrels, but they don't try to come in the house! I took the vacuum apart and fixed it myself. It just needed to be cleaned out really well. There was 5 years of dog fur, human hair, dust, and cardboard stuck in the vacuum. I'm not sure where the cardboard came from, but at least the machine is working again.

As I said above, my friend Rylan is coming in town on Thursday and staying through Tuesday. She hasn't met the boys yet and is really excited to come help out and spoil them. I'm ready for her to come as well. My good friend, Lori, is moving to NY on Wednesday, so Rylan will help me keep my mind off that.

The month of July is wide open for me and the boys. They have 3 drs appointments through out the month, but that's it. SO...if anyone else would like to come out and visit..COME ON DOWN!

Oh yeah..Eric has arrived at the location where he'll be for the next 15 months and starts working tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who has kept him in your thoughts over the last month. I can't believe he's been gone a month already...1 down...14 to go! I've been researching the destination for our very first family vacation we're going to take when he comes home this winter for his R & R. It looks like JAMAICA!!! The beach looks so inviting and they have nannies on staff from 9-6 every day of our stay. That way, Eric and I can spend some time alone and can spend time as a whole family. The boys will be 1 by then, so I think we could handle a plane ride and a 5 day vacation. I'm definitely going to need it by then.

1 comment:

casadefred said...

You are just one handy-dandy-do-it-yourself kinda gal, aren't ya!!! LOVE all the new pics and the videos!