Saturday, June 16, 2007

It's pottery time

There's a little pottery place in town called Just Clayin' Around that I LOVE LOVE LOVE to go to! I went a lot in Lexington and was SO excited when I found one here in Fayetteville. It's one of the things I love to do alone on a rainy day, but now that the boys are here...I though I'd take them and introduce them to it! Stephanie owns the little shop and was very helpful today.

Here's Connor getting paint on his foot...

and now we're pushing his foot down on the tile to make the footprint. We repeated it on his other foot as well.


We painted his hand blue, and once we got him to stop making a fist, we put his hand print on another tile. He didn't seem to mind it at all.
Brandon slept through the painting...
and the impressions! You can see the two little footprints on Connor's tile. I turned them into penquins!
Brandon did not like the hand painting at all...he started screaming after that!

I meant to take pictures of the tiles before we left, but absentminded me forgot! I'll be sure to post pictures of them once they are glazed and fired.

Stephanie has taken pictures of a few other designs I've done and put them in her "idea" book! I made Ann and Bridget plates back in December with a quote on them that read "A sister is a piece of childhood that can never be forgotten." Once she glazed the plates, she realized the glaze had either dirt or some kind of small particles in it. Needless to say, the plates were ruined and I had to redo them. They weren't totally ruined, so she kept the old ones and put one on display in the store. She has had multiple people ask to purchase it, but I had personalized it on the back. Can't sell it to someone unless they have a sister named ANN! HAHAHA! I love going to this store and always have a great time. She even gives a military discount on Saturdays....WOO HOO!!! Stay tuned for pictures of the finished products.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time! Can't wait to see the plates.

Mom & Dad in KY

Julie said...

Kate~

You are *very* gifted in the pottery department! Cory and I love the plate that you made for our wedding :) We don't have it up in our townhome b/c the walls rattle too much with our crazy neighbors, but when we move into our first home, we'll find a special place for it!

Jules