Sunday, June 17, 2007

First time in the sand

My friend, Heather, lives in a gated community called Carolina Lakes. It's in a town about 20 minutes outside of Fayetteville on a golf course. They have 7 lakes in their neighborhood and one has a man-made beach on it. I like to call it the mini-beach. It's a heck of a lot closer to go to than driving to Wilmington or Myrtle Beach...especially with 2 babies.

Here's our little setup. Under the rain umbrella in the car seats!
Here's Connor getting stripped down and getting another layer of sunscreen on...can't have too much!
Here's his face when we put his little feet in the water for the first time. He didn't seem to care much about it.
Me and my chunky monkey
Brandon, on the other hand, was TICKED OFF at the cold water.
He settled down though!

We spent about an hour and a half outside. Heather's finance, Chris, grilled up some burgers for us along with some fresh watermelon. Thanks so much to both of them! We had a great time, and I think the boys did too. When we got home, this is what they looked like...
Connor passed out...
and Brandon tired too. I'm pretty sure he started screaming after I took this picture!!!

We bathed them to get the sand and sunscreen off, fed them and they went down for an early evening nap. They were both back in bed before 1030 even though they had that late nap. Being outside really wore them out. I know it wore me out...and Auntie Bridget!

Hope all the dads out there had a wonderful Father's Day!

2 comments:

The Harveys said...

I love the picture of you and Brandon! That looks like so much fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to come out to the "mini-beach"!!! Chris and I had a great time with you, Bridget, and the boys! We are looking forward to another beach date soon!