Friday, March 20, 2009

Kate Burgers

These aren't actually called Kate Burgers, but that's what my friend calls them since I passed the recipe on to her. They are actually called Steakhouse Sliders thanks to Rachael Ray. Well, most of the appreciation should go to my friend Jessica since she told me about them. THANKS JESS!!! She's my go-to person when it comes to meal ideas. Want to know why???? Check out her blog...Johnstone Vin Blanc on my favorite links section and you'll see why.

I made these for the boys' birthday party and for a baby shower. They are very easy, very delicious, and can make enough to feed an army...or hungry Army Man! Eric had a very long day trying to jump out of a plane yesterday and didn't get home until 7. Of course, they didn't feed my hungry hubby all day. I think he was very happy to see these burgers, fresh spinach and egg salad, and some teddy bear shaped pasta salad waiting for him when he got home!

I cut the recipe in half to feed just my family...12 mini burgers will do it...I didn't need 24.

Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons grill seasoning, plus 3 tablespoons
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary leaves
  • 8 slices thick cut bacon
  • 3 pounds ground sirloin
  • 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves
  • 24 mini burger rolls, such as small dinner rolls, split


Coat a 9 by 12-inch rimmed baking sheet (they sell disposable pans this size if you do not have one) with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season the meat with Worcestershire sauce, 3 tablespoons grill seasoning and parsley. Spread meat into pan in 1/2-inch layer all the way to corners of pan. Coat the top of meat with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes until firm but a little pink at center. Rest meat 5 minutes then cut into 24 square mini burgers.



I toasted my buns for 5 minutes right after the meat came out. Since you have to let the meat rest, it was the perfect time to toast the bread a little.


This is my favorite yummy spinach salad. I buy Girards brand Spinach Dressing. That's the name...Spinach Dressing. I put about 1 tbsp in a saucepan with a little red onion, heat it up a little. Next, I toss in a TON of spinach and turn the burner off. I toss the spinach enough to coat it with the dressing. I add some mushrooms and tomatoes and EAT UP! It's very low calorie, low fat, and packed with all of the awesome vitamins from the spinach.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you posted these and have been enjoying them! I'm making them this weekend too :)