Sunday, March 22, 2009

Egg/Nut free Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made the boys their first chocolate chip cookie today! My friend noticed that Hersheys Brand chocolate chips ARE NOT processed with nuts!!! I called Hersheys and talked to them and they confirmed that their chocolate chips are processed in a nut free facility. Thank goodness!!! I used Mrs. Fields Double Rick Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe!

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
3 large eggs (I used my EnerG egg replacer)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

In a medium bowl combine flour, soda, and cocoa powder well with a wire whisk and set aside.

In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer at a medium speed. Add butter and beat to form a grainy paste. Scrape down sides of bowl, then add eggs and vanilla. Beat at a medium speed until light and fluffy.

Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips, and blend at a low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 21-23 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool surface.

I increased the oven temp to 350 and baked the cookies for about 12-15 minutes. All of Mrs Fields recipes tend to "slow bake" cookies. I don't have time to "slow bake"

Here's the finished product topped with some "too whip" as Connor calls it.



The boys LOVED the cookies! They both ate really well at dinner tonight, and definitely earned a treat. They ate these warm and loved them. Connor ate 4 and Brandon ate 2. It felt good to give them a somewhat normal dessert.

I ran to church this morning and then to work for a few hours. It was boys day today! Here are a few cute pictures of them watching the Wiggles before their nap.


Now, here are some cute videos from the past couple of days.

Connor showing off his verbal skills



The way my days have been the last week or so...lots of crying for no reason...gotta love 2 year olds



Connor telling me about his day...and Brandon just being cute



Our future sports players. I'm betting Connor will play soccer and football and play on the defense in both sports. Brandon, on the other hand will be a baseball (pitcher) player and on the offensive side of football. We also think Brandon is going to be a lefty. He throws, eats, and kicks with his left side. Wonder where he got that...neither of us are left handed...hmmmm...

1 comment:

The Wietholder's said...

Nothing wrong with a lefty!! Neither of my parents were left handed but I am! Go Brandon....I need another southpaw...

The cookies look great!