Friday, October 5, 2007

Trip #8

We made trip #8 to the doctor since I got back from my trip to Kentucky. Brandon hasn't slept through the night all week and didn't go to sleep last night until 5 this morning. I got up and fed them both. Soon after, Brandon started coughing, choked on his own spit and threw up his breakfast...into the bath he went. I packed both of them up and headed to the doctor's office. I dropped Connor off where I used to work and the ladies were awesome enough to take him while I dealt with B at the pediatrician's office. After 3 hours, we determined Brandon has yet another ear infection and petikia (reddish bumps on the skin). They went ahead and pricked his little toe to check his WBC which turned out to be high. Next, we packed up from the peds office, picked up Connor from Utley & Knowles, wolfed down a cheeseburger the girls bought me, and headed to the hospital diagnostic center to have more bloodwork drawn to find out what kind of infection was going on...other than in his ear...if there was one. Next, we had to go to a certain pharmacy to get an antibiotic to be injected into B's leg. Our insurance wouldn't pay for it from the peds office and that's why I had to go to the pharmacy to get it. Stupid! Then we headed BACK to the peds office to have the shot administered. From the time we left and returned to the peds office, B's temperature increased by 2 more points. They gave him the shot and we sat there for 20 minutes to make sure he wasn't going to have a reaction to it. None! YAY! We finally headed home at 3. The ladies at the peds office kept saying...I don't know how you do it all...all by yourself. Thank goodness for relatively well behaved infants and caffeine! We'll be heading back on Monday to get the results of the bloodwork and to recheck his ear. Oh yeah...another 10 days of augmentin. The referral for B to see the ENT still has not been sent to my pediatrician's office from the military hospital. So I guess I have to call back up there for the third time and get ugly about it. If people would do what they SAY they are going to do, my life would be much easier on crazy days like today. It's obvious that he's going to need tubes since this is the 3rd infection and the 2nd one in the last month. I'm going to talk to the pediatrician on Monday when we go back in for B's recheck and ask if she'll refer him directly instead of waiting for the audiologist to send over the paperwork. It's 845 and the boys are in bed...not asleep yet...but at least in bed. I'm going to do the nightly laundry, starting of the dishwasher, and a little picking up while they fall asleep. Hopefully B will sleep through the night so I can too...Mommy is officially exhausted!

1 comment:

The Harveys said...

Wow, Kate! Shame on those docs! We're praying for a quick recovery!