Monday, October 29, 2007

Baby Bumbo Seats

I saw on the news a few days ago about the BIG recall on the Baby Bumbo seats. Thanks to my family and friends who have notified me about it! Apparently, babies can fall out of the seats and obtain skull injuries when the seat is placed on an elevated surface. Forgive me for being blunt, but DUH! They are meant only for the floor...not for kitchen chairs or table tops! Bumbo screwed up when they made a tray to snap onto the seat because it makes the seat look like a booster seat. There aren't any straps to strap the seat to a chair or other elevated surface and common sense would tell you to leave it on the floor. I'm going to continue to use mine as it was intended, on the floor, because Brandon is still not sitting up on his own and needs to strengthen his muscles correctly. I'm still going to contact the company, but I'm not sure how they will handle my chair since I bought it used. We'll see.

1 comment:

The Wietholder's said...

on the companies website...it states that they are only giving out stickers to place on the seat about the danger of putting it on elevated surfaces, there is no money back. The product itself is fine; just the operators need to be reminded. Hope this helps!
Love Ya Trish