Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Best Yet


I made the following cake for a girl in my playgroup who is turning 2! I found a few Minnie Mouse pictures on the internet and this is the one her mommy chose. This was the hardest cake I've done..by far. The ears are the chocolate cake that is egg and nut free, and the face is regular cake. I kept them from touching by putting a piece of parchment paper between the ears and face. It took about 3 hours to make the cake itself since I have very limited cake pans. I spent about another 3 and a half hours decorating it.

Here's what it started out as...
pink is on!
her face...
ears are ON!
the finished face...I was so focused on the face that I forgot to take pictures throughout the process. Her mouth is a little crooked, but that's me being picky! I meant to use a toothpick to outline the mouth, but like I said...I was really focused and forgot to. It's ok though...I'm only human!
polka dots on the side...gotta be as girly and pretty as possible!
Minne HAS to have a bow!
I think the bow made her look awesome!

1 comment:

The Wietholder's said...

was this another paying order??? it looks awesome Kate...I am so proud of you for finding a creative outlet plus being able to be home with the boys and bring in some extra cash! You rock!