Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Trip to the Dentist

Today was another example of why I think we have the best kids ever. We took both boys to the dentist for their first regular check up. Brandon has developed a small phobia of doctors, but he surprised us and was the shining star. He sat in the chair all by himself, let my hygienist count, clean, polish, floss and brush his teeth as well as a fluoride treatment. He completed the FULL dental visit. Connor, on the other hand, was a little apprehensive. He ended up laying on me, let Ursula count and clean all of his teeth, and let her polish 3. I still think that's fabulous. He started to get a little tense, so she she decided to stop as to not scare him or force him. All in all, it was a fabulous visit. They have very nice healthy teeth, and Connor has some more molars coming in! Here are some pictures as well as a little video of Brandon.

Connor in the "kids" waiting room.
Brandon in the waiting room
Brandon helping Ursula count her fingers before she counted his teeth. She was amazing!
Brandon with his cool shades being such a brave boy.
Connor getting his teeth cleaned while laying with Mommy.

I just took them to my dentist. I really like him, my hygienist, and felt no need to take them to a Pediatric Dentist. They did so awesome!



Ursula was referring to the polish as "tickle paste" and that's why Brandon kept lifting up his shirt...he thought she was going to tickle him...So sweet! Brandon looks so relaxed in the chair too!!!!

No comments: