Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kentucky Visit

We went to Kentucky last week to see my family. Every time I go home, I don't want to come back! Kentucky is such a beautiful state, full of lush green grass, lots of things to do, lots of family, Florence is a very clean beautiful town, and people are just plain NICE! We had a great time seeing both of my sisters and one brother in law, both of my nephews, my best friend, and lots of family friends.

The trips started out with Eric taking the boys to a park in Cincy with my dad and sister and her boys while I went to the Spa and got a Hot Stone Massage. It was SOOOO nice. My other sister went to get her hair done and then we spent the rest of the morning together. Sunday, we all went to church, and after that my sisters and I went to Starbucks to have some "siser" time. Unfortunately, Ann had to leave early because little Benjamin wasn't feeling good at all...poor little guy. Monday, we went to eat lunch with Grandma Karen at work. Come to find out, Wendy's chicken nuggets DO NOT have egg in the batter. WOO HOO...a moment of excitement. The boys each ate an entire kids meal (which is a lot of food) and mom and I noshed on salads. Tuesday, we took the boys to the Cincy Children's Museum. I have to say that it didn't come CLOSE to the Marbles Museum here in NC and it was very expensive. We managed to get started in the museum before the buses of school kids did. That night, Eric and I went out with one of his old dental school classmates. Wednesday, we didn't do much since we were planning to leave that night. All in all, it was a fantastic trip. The boys did really well in the car and had lot of fun with grandma and grandma, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Oh how I miss Kentucky!


The big dinosaur in front of the Cincinnati Museum


Brandon and Mommy playing at the water station
Connor at the water station
Connor sliding down the web
Brandon being silly
Brandon knocked over our Arch
Connor hugged it
We all played piano
Brandon in Mommy's shoes
Connor wearing Daddy's shoes
Brandon laying with cousin Noah...asking for "more tickle please" B LOVES to be tickled
Brandon on his way to help Grandpa Don in the garden
Sisters!!!!
Corn hole is a toddlers slide...duh!
Brandon told Aunt Bridget, "Bubbles on belly please"
Connor loves to kiss things..."Kiss the owl" We finally had to tell him to stop...that poor owl probably felt a little violated.
My belly is bigger than Brandon's...na na na na na na!

Brandon was saying "Push the button"
Cheesing at the park
Connor has suddenly started to HATE the swings...not sure why. He asks to get in one, then screams.
eB loves them!
These pictures are from when Eric took the boys to the park while I was at the spa. Even though I wasn't there, I'm pretty sure Brandon was saying, "Connor MOVE"


My nephew Benjamin playing cornhole the "1 year old way"
Grandpa Don teaching Connor how to play!

No comments: