Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Monkey-ing Around

Here's my latest cake creation. It's for the boys' tumbling coach's little girl. She's turning ONE. The only thing I have left to do it write the Happy Birthday message which will go in the blank spot where there are no palm trees. This was a long cake to do...took me 2 1/2 hours including making buttercream from scratch and doing all the decorating and fondant. I'm officially tired...proud of myself...and tired! The bonus...this was a paying cake order...WOO HOO!!!!


I really like this one! I think it turned out cute. Monkey could have been a little bit smaller, but it's still cute. I can't fit the banana on there...but maybe I'll squeeze it in there later. My brain is officially OFF DUTY for the night.

2 comments:

The Wietholder's said...

good job...looks great. Is this the cake with the cranberry juice?? what did you decide for the icing with no milk?

Danko Family said...

Trish...yes this is the cake with the juice in it. I just made regular buttercream icing with milk. I'm going to make the Divvie Chocolate cupcakes without any icing for the allergy kids.