Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Happenings

The boys LOVE to listen to music, but not your typical kiddie music. They still love music from the Wiggles, but Lady Gaga, Kanye West, and Britney Spears are also high on their list! They bob their little heads back and forth in their car seats and then tell me their "straps too tight" Here's a little video of them getting their boogie on!




We had a really nice weekend. Eric golfed all weekend with a friend of his who is getting out of the military and heading back to Pennsylvania. The boys and I hit the Cape Fear River Trail for a 6 mile adventure. We talked about the river, all the trees, bugs, we counted the bikers, runners, and doggies, and worked on the alphabet. It took us 2 hours to complete the trail and they were really enjoying it until the last mile. After the hike, we went across the street to my friend's house who has twin girls the same age as the boys. We ate lunch, played in their pool, and wore her 3 girls out. When we left, the boys fell asleep in the car and thankfully slept in their bed when we got home for another 2 hours...ahhhh!!

Sunday, Eric left early to go golfing. The boys and I went to church and hit Target on the way home. I splurged and bought them a pool. They LOVED IT. We spent about 3 hours in it..before and after nap time. One of my friends came over with her 2 girls for some pool time and dinner. All in all, it was a fabulous weekend. I have a feeling the boys will be spending A LOT of time in the pool this summer. Connor hated pools last year, but is definitely loving it this year.

My shins aren't too happy with me from the 6 mile hike, but I'll deal with it.

2 comments:

Ann said...

LOVE it! They definitely have some good rhythm. I thought Connor might fall over at the end!!!

Danko Grandparents said...

They'll be dancing at the wedding reception!