Friday, December 19, 2008

Kids are so literal

The boys are at the age of "literal translation." They do what you ask them to...literally. I told Brandon it was time to get into his chair for lunch. Here's what proceeded next...



He's done this one other time, but I was so shocked that he could do it that I didn't think to grab the camera. Eric has the little one, so I couldn't get it on video, but it's obvious what he's capable of by seeing the still pictures. Speaking of lunch...I made some creamy pesto sauce last night for our stuffed mushrooms and had a lot left over. I cooked some elbow noodles and put some of that sauce on it, topped it with a little parm cheese and the boys loved it. I used the dry packet mix made my Knolls. It only called for olive oil and milk (I used skim so I could have some too.) It was something different and super easy! If you have a picky/unpicky toddler, he/she might like it.

I had the camera in the kitchen from this morning. I'm not sure if the boys are getting some back molars or what, but they haven't been sleeping or eating normally lately. As saw in the pictures above, Brandon had his "baba" at lunchtime. I normally don't let them have it until it's bedtime, but he was crying so hard, and asking for it, that I gave it to him. They are drooling again too...I think it's teeth. Needless to say, the morning routine has consisted of a lot of tears lately. One of the things that makes them feel better is to sit on the kitchen counter while I empty the dishwasher and to even help me empty.

If you look close enough, you can see the tears on B's cheeks :)

Connor is getting so tall!!!! He can reach just about anything on the kitchen table as well as the counters. I'm running out of places to put things they aren't kid proof...AHHHH!!!!

No comments: