Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Week

Ok...sorry for the delay in posting anything, but we've been very busy lately. Here's how our week went.

Tuesday - Connor wasn't feeling well and I couldn't get him into the doctor. She called in a prescription for some oral steroids and some nebulizer treatments for him. He's had a cough and runny nose for about 2 months now.

Wednesday - Christmas Eve - Eric and I went to mass and tried to stay up to see what Santa brought the boys. Here's what he brought...

The boys each got a power wheel, lots of coloring things, some books, puzzles, Playdoh, play food, and finally a really neat wooden train. They love it!!! It was the first thing Brandon went for when he walked out of his room. Thanks SO much to Eric's parents for sending that to the boys. We all love playing with it. The barrels in one of the cars have become a big source of fighting, but it's all worth it...the boys love it!

Thursday - We opened presents and let the boys play outside in their jammies with their new bikes. That's the best part of Christmas day..playing all day with new toys in your pjs!



The boys don't quite understand how to steer, but they'll figure it out soon enough!





The Christmas aftermath!

Brandon trying to fill up his new "Brandon" cup that Grandma Dorie got him.

We had our friends over for a very delicious dinner. I made turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cherry pie. Sharon brought over some corn, wine, and a really good spinach salad. Everything was homemade and delicious! The turkey was the most delicious one I've ever had. It was perfectly cooked and very juicy! We had a cheese ball appetizer in the shape of a Christmas Tree!!!
It was very easy, very delicious, and very festive. Click HERE for the recipe. This was my "new recipe of the week" recipe. Next time, I'll work a little harder at shaping it more like a tree. It was still very cute and yummy!


Eric bought me a Nintendo DS and I'm totally addicted to it. I like the brain games...the ones that really make you think. I'm such a nerd! We also bought a new kitchen sink and faucet with our Christmas money and gift cards. It's being installed as I type this!!!

Friday - Connor still wasn't any better and Brandon was coughing. We managed to get into the doctor to find out that Connor had an ear infection...I KNEW IT!!!! He's on oral steroids, breathing treatments around the clock, antibiotic, Allegra and Singulair. I'm tellin' ya, I feel like a pharmacy tech! I have so many different medications to keep track of now.

Poor sick Connor...laying on the pillow while Mommy tries to get an appointment with the doctor

Saturday - Eric and I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Yes Man. Benjamin Button was an excellent movie!!!!! I recommend going to see it. Yes Man was good too...a typical Jim Carrey movie. We got a text from the babysitter that Brandon had stuff oozing out of his right ear...that equals another ear infection. I managed to get some antibiotics for him too, and got those filled on my way to a funeral service. My boss's father passed away on the 23rd. Please keep Dale in your prayers as she mourns the loss of her beloved father.

Sunday - I wanted to get to church, but the boys both have some upset tummies from the medicine. I didn't want anyone to have to change their yucky diapers, so we stayed home. In the afternoon, I went to the funeral service at the church for Dale's father.

Monday - Called the doctor's office again for Brandon to get him some antibiotic ear drops. We have an appointment with his ENT doc on the 5th. It's time to reevaluate his ears and decide what's next for him once his current tubes come out. The one in his right ear, the infected ear, has dislodged, but we aren't sure when it will actually fall out.

SHEW!!! It's been a very busy few days especially when there are 2 sick kids involved. We're also gearing up for Eric to head out of town again. This is only for 10 weeks, but I'm losing my helper, best friend, and spouse so it's going to be rough nonetheless. Here are a few cute videos from the last few days too. ENJOY!

Brandon's new trick


Connor AKA Pete and Repeat!

No comments: