Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Abnormal Eating

The boy have always been pretty decent eaters. Well, with the exception of Brandon when he was an infant...those were a few rough months. However, I'm extremely mind-boggled at the amount of food these 2 little boys ingest. They eat a pancake, a sausage link, and split a banana for breakfast. Sometimes it might be cinnamon toast, or oranges, or kiwi, but you get the idea. I change it up every day. For lunch, they eat a sandwich, veggie, fruit, and a carb of some kind like a cracker, teddy graham etc. For dinner they eat whatever we eat which varies greatly from day to day.

That brings me to yesterday. On Monday, they had their normal pancake breakfast with sausage and a banana. For lunch, see the picture below...( yes we eat naked most of the time now due to extreme messiness! )

Not only did they eat their chicken strip, mac and cheese, and strawberry, but they both had second AND THIRD servings of the mac and cheese. For dinner, they each at about 1 1/2 cups of spaghetti and when they ate almost all of that, I decided they deserved a sweet....they both ate a rice krispie treat. Connor will refuse fruit from time to time, but Brandon eats whatever I put in front of him. If I leave the fruit in Connor's bowl, most of the time he will eventually eat it. When I see Brandon eat like this, I get upset when the doctors keep pushing me to feed him fattier foods. The kid eats like a champ, and never stops moving. Don't we all wish our metabolisms were that good?!?!?!?!?!

I really believe there's a reason to them eating so well...no snacks. I very rarely give them a snack during the day. They get one at Mother's Day Out, but that's a special day. It's not that I deny them food, but they never ask for a snack so I never think to give them one. If I'm out running errands, I always have raisins or goldfish in their bag, but I rarely use them. As long as they have their water cups, 3 square meals a day, and about 3-4 cups of milk, they are A-OK!!!

While I'm happy that my boys eat so well, I dread my food bill in about 5 years!!! HAHAHAHA Happy eating everyone!

2 comments:

The Harveys said...

Kate, your boys just keep getting cuter!! They are absolutely adorable!!

Jeff, Jayne, Zach and TJ said...

Kake,
If they don't ask for it, their bodies aren't telling them they need it. Get ready for a great growth spurt.
Zach is "spurting" all the time. Steak, potato, veggie, lots of milk and then he's grazing again in about an hour. That's what a 2 1/2 hour practice every day after school does.
YOU GO GIRL!