Sunday, July 6, 2008

What a Weekend!

We had a very eventful holiday weekend! We attended 2 parties on Friday. One was our regular group of kiddos for a play date and surprise shower for one of the mothers, and the other was a get together at the Brigade Colonel's House. Kathleen, the Colonel's wife, was one of the boys' NICU nurses and was there the morning they were born and admitted. I met her for the first time on a Friday night and I had the boys that next Tuesday. It was very reassuring for us to have someone we "knew" there while they were at their worst. We didn't stay long at Kathleen's but we did manage to say HI to her since she hasn't seen the boys in over a year.

Alexa emailed us a few pictures from the party...here they are..

Connor doesn't necessarily cry if I'm not with him, but he does like to "check in" with me when he's around a lot of other kids and adults....which I think is a good trait! I think I was tickling Mila in the picture...you just can't see her!
Doesn't B look like a baby on a mission. Friday was the first time we had ever been to Kim's house, so he was around all new toys and was lovin' it! Alexa is in the background opening her gifts. She's the mommy that has twin girls who turned 1 in April and she's due with another baby girl in about 6 or 7 weeks! How exciting!

Saturday, Eric's parents were in town for a few hours to see the boys. After they left and after we had dinner, we hit Sams. Now that we are counting down the days to Eric coming home, I've started stocking up on food. I also picked up some pictures I uploaded online and got their scrapbooks complete through the month of June. WOO HOO!!!

This morning, a friend of mine and fellow dental spouse came over with her 2 girls and we played for about 2 hours. We blew bubbles and played with just about every toy we own!!!! The boys had a blast and took a ROCKIN' long morning nap. After lunch we went to Lowes to pick up some things while the Military Discount was still going on!

When we got back, I gave the boys a snack and put them in the family room to play while I cleaned up the kitchen and talked to my sister on the phone. All of a sudden, I heard serious screaming and found this...


Both boys tried to sit on top of their box and it fell in!
The look on Connor's face is totally priceless in this one. He's saying...MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I want my brother out so I can sit in it...it's MY TURRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNN!!! I can just imagine the whining! What's funny about it, is that Brandon was the one getting smashed and he laughed his way through it.

When nap time came around, I handed out the pacies and Connor crawled up to snuggle with me for a little while. I hear more screaming coming from the bedroom...

...and found Brandon standing on top of the footrest that goes with the rocker and he couldn't figure out how to get down. I give him 5 or 6 more months until he can climb out of his crib!

After their nap, I made them some burgers on the grill, mac & cheese, and kiwi. My kids polished off an entire box of Kraft Organic Mac & Cheese. I admit, I stole a few bites, but they ate 95% of it. They are men after my own heart! Little piggies.

The new "thing" to do it carry/drag their toys/blankies around. I think it's really cute. They pull the blankies out of the crib when they start to get tired. I was getting B dressed, well attempting to, and Connor started walking around with his "bb" I guess it makes them look like babies to me and not the big boys they are becoming :(

Brandon stole it, of course. He ran away from me when I tried to get his jammies on...little booger.

Speaking of B. He earned a time out tonight for the first time in a long time. He likes to smack me in my face sometimes. I know he doesn't understand the difference in smacking my hand when I say "give me a high five" and smacking my face, but they have to learn at some point, right? I had to put the time out chair in Eric's office because they were fighting over it earlier in the day. So, I just strapped him in, closed the door and proceeded to change Connor's diaper in their room which is right next door. In that very small amount of time, he managed to do this...



He crawled around while still strapped into the chair, managed to open the scrapbook organizer box I have, dump out the stickers, and find the PERMANENT SHARPIE. My camera battery died while I was recording so that's why the video is kind of short. I tell ya, these boys keep me on my toes now more than ever. There are days that I chase them and don't even sit down until 11 at night. I'm lovin' every minute of it, and I know Eric will too.

In regards to him, I'm not going to post what day he should be home, but it's less than the total number of fingers and toes I have...let's put it that way! For those of you who know what day our anniversary is...we should be able to celebrate it TOGETHER this year!

1 comment:

The Harveys said...

Awesome, Kate! The boys are so adorable and they look like so much fun!! Happy Anniversary and reunion all in one!!