Friday, July 11, 2008

ThermoSTAT

We need a new one...STAT!!! Some of you know that our air conditioning is on the fritz. That's the nice way to put it. I'm not going to go into the long story about what happened, but a worker came to look at the unit and it hasn't worked since he left. We're HOT HOT HOT! Here's a picture of my thermostat reading 85 degrees at 10 last night.

Needless to say, I put the boys to bed in diapers only. Here's their new favorite place to sit while they brush their teeth!
We aren't sure how "broken" our unit is, but it's the original unit on the house...17 years old. Since we added on, the unit is a little small. We were planning to replace the entire heating and cooling system in the spring, but we might be doing that now! I'm bummed that Eric might have to come home to a HOT house after being in the sandbox for almost 14 months. The boys are at MDO to enjoy a little air while I'm here waiting for some estimates...none of which have showed up. If any of my readers are local and have extra fans or a random window air unit sitting around...HOOK A SISTER UP! There's a small chance that it won't need to be replaced, but I'm not holding my breath...that would be nice though.

If the unit isn't working by dinner time, we're going to pack up and head to Theresa's house for the weekend. What's one more set of twins in one house!!! I'm so glad I have friends who will stick their neck out for me in a time of need. We'll probably spend the better part of the afternoon outside since it's cooler outside than it is inside. It rained really hard last night so the ground is cool and wet. The boys will love it!!!

No comments: